Hurricane Sandy Delays Monday Night's Ratings
With widespread power outages along the east coast and encore preemptions on CBS and The CW, "The Voice" and "Dancing With the Stars" were among the night's sole original broadcasts.
Hurricane Sandy likely took some toll on Monday's broadcast network ratings -- though it may be a while before those numbers come in.
Nielsen announced Tuesday morning that fast affiliate ratings are delayed until further notice, after widespread power and cable outages affected millions of Americans on the east coast last night.
NBC and ABC were the only networks to go through with previously scheduled original episodes. CBS and The CW both announced Monday afternoon that they'd be swapping in repeats in anticipation of viewers not being able to watch, and Fox had already scheduled an encore of The X Factor.
More to come...
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR