Ice Cube Developing Revenge Drama at FX
The rapper-actor would star in Prospect Park's "Eye for an Eye."
Ice Cube is getting into business with FX.
The rapper-actor is eyeing his first series regular role in Eye for an Eye, a revenge drama in development at FX.
Produced by Ice Cube's Cube Vision with Jeff Kwatinetz's Prospect Park, the Friday actor would appear as a veteran paramedic who after years responding to violent scenes takes matters into his own hands and turns into a vigilante out for revenge.
Ice Cube would also executive produce along with Matt Alvarez, his partner at Cube Vision. Prospect Park's Kwatinetz would also exec produce alongside the production company's TV partner Josh Barry.
The project joins an FX development slate that also includes projects from Justified producer Graham Yost, Dennis Lehane and Red Hot Chili Peppers' frontman Anthony Kiedis.
Ice Cube, repped by UTA, executive produces TBS' Are We There Yet series, and next has the feature 21 Jump Street due in theaters next year.
Prospect Park, which recently abandoned online plans for soap operas One Life To Live and All My Children, has been busy this development season, with a number of projects in the works at both broadcast and cable networks, including GILF, with Wilfred star Jason Gann, which is set up at FX.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR