'Our Idiot Brother' Writer-Director to Helm ABC Comedy Pilot (Exclusive)
Jesse Peretz has boarded Adam Sztykiel's "Dusty Goes to Awesometown" for the network.
Our Idiot Brother writer-director Jesse Peretz is heading to "Awesometown."
Peretz has been tapped to direct ABC's Adam Sztykiel comedy pilot Dusty Goes to Awesometown, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Peretz, who wrote, directed and executive produced the Paul Rudd Weinstein Co. feature Our Idiot Brother, most recently directed episodes of Fox's Zooey Deschanel comedy New Girl as well as an upcoming installment of NBC's upcoming Amanda Peet comedy Bent.
Awesometown, previously known as the untitled Adam Sztykiel project, revolves around friends and roommates Andrew (Nick Kocher) and Oliver (James Earl III) and is described as a raw and hilarious peek behind the curtain of modern twentysomething relationships. Amanda Crew co-stars in the ABC/20th Television project written and executive produced by Sztykiel (Due Date).
Peretz, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Jackoway Tyerman, will next direct episodes of HBO's upcoming Lena Dunham comedy Girls. He's a Grammy winner for video of the year for directing the Foo Fighters' "Learn to Fly."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR