IFC Getting 'Trapped in the Closet' With R. Kelly Again
Another rap opera revival is brewing at the cable network, where more chapters of the ongoing narrative are set to debut in 2014.
R. Kelly is making more Trapped in the Closet.
The bizarre "rap opera," which first debuted online in 2005 before segueing to IFC, will release additional chapters on the cable network in 2014. The news comes little more than a year after the last batch of Closet episodes hit the network after a five-year lapse.
"R. Kelly is an enormously talented artist and his creativity is on full display in Trapped in the Closet," said IFC president and GM Jennifer Caserta. "We are fortunate to be his partner in this one-of-a-kind project that has captivated viewers and can’t wait to bring the next chapters of Trapped to IFC."
The latest tally for the Trapped in the Closet saga puts it at 33 chapters -- with the cast of characters, many of them played by Kelly himself, now including Sylvester, Rufus, Cathy, Tina, Roxanne, Rosie the Nosy Neighbor, Randolph, Twan, Pimp Lucius, Dr. Perry, Reverend Moseley and kingpin Beeno.
IFC is prepping for the return with a Trapped in the Closet marathon on Dec. 7, at 5:15 p.m. ET, and all chapters currently live on the network's website.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR