IFC's 'Spoils of Babylon' Adds Kristen Wiig, Jessica Alba, More
The two actresses are joined by Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Michael Sheen and Tim Robbins in the Funny or Die production.
Starting production over the weekend, IFC's Spoils of Babylon has also firmed up some of the cast appearing in the six-part series.
The network announced Monday morning that Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Michael Sheen, Tim Robbins and Kristen Wiig will all be part of the new original comedy, produced by Funny or Die.
Starring Will Ferrell, Babylon is a parody of epic television miniseries. The tongue-and-cheek logline says it will take "viewers from the oil fields of Texas to boardrooms in New York City, through war torn battlefields and velvet-sheeted bedrooms."
“This amazingly talented cast will give this decadent genre its due respect,” said IFC president and gm Jennifer Caserta. “Never before has a parody of a mini-series been more poised for showers of accolades.”
Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young join Ferrell as executive producers, with Steele and Piedmont as creators and writers and Piedmont directing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)