Injured Chuy Bravo Replaced by Brandi Chastain on ABC's 'Splash'
The soccer star joins the diving competition as the "Chelsea Lately" sidekick sustains a fractured heel just a week shy of the series' premiere.
Chuy Bravo won't be jumping into the pool on ABC's Splash.
The upcoming celebrity diving competition, which bows March 19, lost one of its ten contestants after he fractured his heel. A show rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the Chelsea Lately personality, while while he will not be able to dive, will continue to be a part of this season. His diving slot will be taken by soccer player Brandi Chastain.
A two-time Women's World Cup champion and Olympic gold medalist, 44-year-old Chastain has long been one of the most familiar faces in the sport. She joins retired basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, skier Rory Bushfield and Detroit Lion Ndamukong Suh as the fourth athlete in the competition.
As for Bravo, his participation in the series will likely include his rather unique training. He entered the competition unable to swim.
"The first day I threw coins in the shallow end of the pool and had him retrieve them all," Splash trainer Greg Louganis told THR last week. "He really has been a superstar. The first week was all about just getting comfortable with the water."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR