'Inside Amy Schumer' Renewed for Season 2 at Comedy Central
The comedian announced the news Monday via Twitter.
Comedy Central is staying in business with Amy Schumer.
The comedian took to her Twitter page on Monday night to announce that the Viacom-owned cable network has renewed Inside Amy Schumer for a second season. (Comedy Central also confirmed the news, with the 10-episode second season set for 2014.)
The sketch comedy series premiered strong on April 30, ranking as Comedy Central's top premiere of 2013, besting all nonsports programming in the network's targeted male demos. Following a new episode of Tosh.0, Inside Amy opened to 1.6 million total viewers, rising to 3 million across three plays.
From comedian Schumer, the series combines standup with sketch comedy. It outranks the recently renewed Nathan for You, The Jeselnik Offensive and Kroll Show among total viewers and the targeted demos as the best launch of 2013.
Guests slated to appear during the freshman run include Jon Glaser, Michael Showalter, Amber Tamblyn, Michael Ian Black, Rob Schneider, Abby Elliott, Tig Notaro, Tom Papa, Lisa Lampanelli, Dave Attell, Will Janowitz, Nikki Glaser, Sara Schaefer and Missi Pyle.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera