Danny Glover to Guest-Star on NBC's 'Ironside'
UPDATED: The veteran actor will play Robert Ironside's father in the rookie drama starring Blair Underwood.
NBC's Ironside reboot is adding Danny Glover as Robert Ironside's father.
The veteran actor will guest-star as Frank Ironside in an upcoming episode of the Blair Underwood-toplined drama, the network announced Friday.
Glover is slated to appear in a flashback sequence in the episode titled "Minor Infractions." The episode is expected to reveal insight into Ironside's family history in the final days before his father enters prison.
Underwood leads a cast that includes Spencer Grammer, Pablo Schreiber, Neal Bledsoe, Kenneth Choi and Brent Sexton.
Ironside, debuting Oct. 2 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, is produced by Universal TV, Davis Entertainment and Yellow Brick Road Productions. Ken Sanzel, Teri Weinberg, John Fox, John Davis, Ron West and David Semel serve as executive producers.
At the Television Critics Association summer press tour in late July, producers noted that about 10 percent of each episode would exist in flashbacks, which would inform Ironside's personal and professional lives prior to his accident.
“They’re bouncing around over a lot of his history,” Sanzel said at the time. “He’s been a cop for a while; there are a lot of places to go. … I don’t see those going away any time.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR