James Franco Books 'Mindy Project' Stint
The actor will appear in two episodes of the sophomore comedy, starting with the September premiere.
James Franco is heading to The Mindy Project. The actor is set for an arc on the Fox comedy's upcoming season, reuniting him with This Is the End co-star Mindy Kaling. Fox announced the guest appearance on Tuesday, noting that the actor will appear in two episodes of the second season -- starting with the Sept. 24 premiere.
Franco is set to play Dr. Paul Leotard. The charming doctor is a replacement for Mindy, who departed the Shulman & Associates practice in the recent finale for a volunteer mission in Haiti. A former model, Dr. Leotard gave up on his first career when he walked off a runway and was saved by a pregnant woman.
When Franco makes his Mindy Project debut, he joins a rather esteemed group of guest stars. The first season of the comedy welcomed Seth Rogen, B.J. Novak, Mark Duplass, Jay Duplass, Allison Williams and Ellie Kemper.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR