'Political Animals' Alum James Wolk Joins CBS' Robin Williams Comedy
He'll play a copywriter at the advertising agency at the center of the comedy from David E. Kelley.
James Wolk is turning pitchman.
The Political Animals alum has been cast in CBS' The Crazy Ones, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The single-camera workplace comedy revolves around the dynamics between a father (Robin Williams) and his daughter and is set in the world of advertising.
Wolk will play Zach Cropper, a confident and charming copywriter at the ad agency run by Simon (Williams) and his daughter, Sydney.
Boston Legal's David E. Kelley will pen the 20th Television pilot and executive produce alongside Dean Lorey, Bill D'Elia, John Montgomery and Mark Teitelbaum. Jason Winer (Modern Family, 1600 Penn) will direct the pilot.
In a THR interview a year ago to promote his Happy Endings arc, Wolk hinted that he'd like to further explore comedic work on the small screen. "I started in theater," he said. "I would liken sitcom work more to theater work than I would, perhaps, to dramatic television. It's so quick. It kind of feels like the pace of a play. It's just been refreshing."
Wolk, whose credits also include Shameless and the feature You Again, is repped by WME, Greenlight Management and attorney Amy Nickin at Frankfurt Kurnit. The Crazy Ones casting brings him back to the studio behind Lone Star, Fox's short-lived dual-universe drama from Kyle Killen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR