Jane Lynch on Cory Monteith: 'A Real Bright Light' (Video)
The "Glee" actress remembered her late co-star as generous, adventurous and "a real giver" on Wednesday's "Tonight Show."
Jane Lynch remembered her late friend and Glee co-star Cory Monteith on Wednesday's Tonight Show.
Jay Leno said he was sorry to hear of Monteith's shocking death this weekend and noted that he'd never met the actor before asking Lynch to tell him about her friend.
"Cory's one of the biggest hearts, a real bright light," she told Leno. "He knew he was breathing rarefied air with the gifts that this show gave us. He was always aware that it was a gift, and he was quite generous and one of those adventurous type people."
"I don't think he left one day unlived," she added. "He was a real bright light in our family. We lost a really great guy."
When asked how she would like people to remember him, Lynch said he once flew across the country, paying for the trip himself, to meet with a sick kid whose last wish was to meet him.
"That's the kind of guy he was, just a real giver," she said.
Lynch was a bit fidgety, stammering and uncomfortable as she recalled her Glee colleague, but she didn't appear to be ready to start crying.
Monteith was found dead on Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room. He was 31. An autopsy later revealed that the actor, who had struggled with substance abuse, died from a combination of heroin and alcohol.
Watch the full clip of Lynch's memories of Monteith below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)