Jane Seymour, Majandra Delfino Join ABC Comedy Pilot
They'll play the mother and sister of the lead character in the comedy from "Accidentally on Purpose's" Andrea Abbate.
ABC has found the first actors to play its family of petty thieves.
Jane Seymour and Majandra Delfino have joined the cast of Keep Calm and Karey On, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The comedy centers on Karey, the clean-nosed black sheep in a family of petty thieves, drug addicts and narcissists. When her brother is sent to prison, she decides to raise his kids along with her adopted African-American son and give them the normal lives they deserve.
PHOTOS: The Faces of Pilot Season 2013
Delfino (State of Georgia, Men of a Certain Age) will play Penny, Karey's self-centered and clueless sister, a singer-songwriter with questionable taste.
Seymour (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Ben and Kate) will portray Karey's mother, Dotty. She's self-centered, theatrical and often inappropriate.
Accidentally on Purpose's Andrea Abbate will pen the comedy for 20th Television, with Shawn Levy, Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements on board to exec produce. Gail Mancuso will direct the single-camera comedy.
Seymour is with Innovative Artists, Thruline and N2N Entertainment. Delfino is repped by APA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR