'Made in Jersey's' Janet Montgomery to Star in ABC Monster Drama 'Gothica'
She'll play Grace Van Helsing in the high-concept pilot from "The Sorcerer's Apprentice's" Matt Lopez.
ABC has cast its Lady Van Helsing.
Made in Jersey star Janet Montgomery has booked the starring role in the network's monster drama Gothica, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The pilot is described as a sexy gothic soap set in the present that weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, among others.
Montgomery will play Grace Van Helsing, the partner of Chris Egan's (Kings) Dorian Gray and ex-girlfriend of Victor Frankenstein (EastEnders' Tom Ellis), who is still in love with her. The character is further described as coming from a famous publishing family and having an edgy style. She's an established writer who sets out to find the truth about who killed her parents.
Smash's Raza Jaffrey also co-stars.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice's Matt Lopez will pen the pilot for ABC Studios and executive produce alongside the Mark Gordon Co.'s Mark Gordon. Anand Tucker will direct the pilot, which is slated to film in Montreal.
British import Montgomery starred in CBS' short-lived family legal drama Made in Jersey this season. The series was axed after just two episodes. Repped by UTA, Anonymous Content and Morris Yorn, her credits include Human Target and Entourage.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!