Jason Katims, Dick Wolf Projects Get Pilot Orders at NBC
The pair of dramas are set in a Chicago fire department and a Los Angeles hospital, with "Parenthood's" Jason Ritter attached to star in the latter.
NBC has given pilot orders to drama projects from Jason Katims and Dick Wolf.
Katims will write and executive produce County, a drama set in a morally compromising L.A. County hospital and will see the Friday Night Lights Emmy winner reteam with Parenthood guest star Jason Ritter. Universal Television will produce.
Wolf's Chicago Fire, meanwhile, is described as an action drama exploring the lives of the men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, with 3:10 to Yuma scribes Derek Haas and Michael Brant attached to pen the project and executive produce alongside Wolf, Danielle Gelber and Peter Jankowski. Wolf Films and Universal Television will produce.
The two projects join Beautiful People, The Munsters, Frontier, Midnight Sun and Do No Harm as dramas receiving pilot orders at the network so far this season.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)