Jason Segel Sells Three-Book Children's Series
The "How I Met Your Mother" star will co-write a series about kids saving their neighborhood from fear with author Kirsten Miller.
Actor Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) has signed a three-book deal with Random House for a middle-grade series, Nightmares!, the publisher announced Tuesday.
The adventure series centers on a group of friends who try to save their neighborhood from fear.
“Ultimately, it’s a story about learning that we can accomplish anything, as long as we are brave enough to try,” Segel said in a statement.
Kirsten Miller, the author of previous middle-grade series Kiki Strike and The Eternal Ones, will co-author with Segel.
Segel revealed that the books were in the works three weeks ago during a forum with director Jonathan Demme following a screening of their 2008 film Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
During the event at the Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville, N.Y., Segel said the idea originally started as a screenplay he sold "super cheap" before he became a well-known actor.
The project was never made and eight years later he bought it back for the same amount he sold it for.
The first novel in the trilogy will be published in 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche