Jason Sudeikis Not Returning to 'SNL'
UPDATED: The actor had been on the NBC series for 10 seasons.
Jason Sudeikis won't be returning to Saturday Night Live.
The actor who had been a regular player on NBC's late-night sketch comedy series for 10 seasons -- two of them as a writer -- confirmed on Wednesday's appearance on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman that he was finished.
"I'm definitely done," Sudeikis told David Letterman. "I'm not coming back next fall." (Watch the interview preview below.) Sudeikis' rep confirmed his departure to The Hollywood Reporter.
Speculation that Sudeikis' SNL days were nearing their end began to surface last year, and in a recent interview with Modern Luxury magazine, it was apparent that season 38 was most likely his last. "You never really leave that place, and it never leaves you," he said at the time. "It's an emotional journey getting through a season, much less the final one."
Sudeikis' departure comes weeks after Fred Armisen revealed that he would not be returning to SNL and two months after longtime castmember Bill Hader said goodbye in the May 18 season finale.
Weekend Update anchor Seth Meyers will take over for Jimmy Fallon as the host of NBC's Late Night and exit SNL in early 2014, returning to SNL briefly before the Jay Leno-Fallon transition on the Tonight Show begins.
The upcoming season of SNL comes at a crucial time for the long-running series, as it looks to bolster its cast with new additions. In recent years, SNL has also bid farewell to Kristen Wiig and Andy Samberg.
Sudeikis has a busy feature film slate coming up, starring in We're the Millers with Jennifer Aniston (out Aug. 7), and has several movies in the works, including the Horrible Bosses sequel, Tumbledown and Relanxious.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR