Jay Leno, Jimmy Fallon Play Up Rivalry in NBC Promo (Video)
The "Late Night" spot features a tense call between the two talk show hosts.
Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon -- the two men at the heart of the battle over the fate of NBC's Tonight Show -- have banded together in an NBC promotional video making light of the perceived late-night power-shift.
In the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon spot, Leno is seen being accosted by reporters as he makes his way down a backstage hallway toward his office.
On the other end of the country, Fallon, looking worn down by the controversy, is told by a crew member that he's needed on set.
As Fallon sighs over a recent newspaper headline no doubt touting his rumored ascendancy, his iPhone rings -- bringing up the name "Host of Tonight Show" on his caller I.D.
Fallon then answers, "Hey, Jay."
What happens next? It looks as though audiences will have to tune in to both NBC late-night talkers and see. Unlike Leno's recent swipes at his employer , this bit appears to have gotten the stamp of approval from the network.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack