Jenna Elfman in Talks to Replace Parker Posey in NBC Comedy 'The Family Guide'
UPDATED: "Guide" revolves around a family that's brought together by divorce, with Elfman playing the ex-wife opposite blind patriarch J.K. Simmons.
UPDATE: Elfman's deal is now closed for her to star.
Jenna Elfman is in talks to join NBC’s upcoming comedy The Family Guide.
She'd replace Parker Posey, who exited the single-camera project a day after it was ordered to series. Guide is about a son who idolizes his blind father (J.K. Simmons) and is bemused by the mother's newfound adolescence as he watches his family come closer together postdivorce. Elfman would play the ex-wife, opposite Simmons.
The talks reunite Elfman with NBC’s comedy brass, who oversaw her most recent TV effort as the first lady in the network’s short-lived 1600 Penn. The new half-hour series will premiere midseason, paired with About a Boy in the coveted post-Voice hour on Tuesdays.
Guide hails from Up All Night's DJ Nash and executive producers Jason Bateman and Jim Garavente. The pilot was directed by Friends alum David Schwimmer.
Elfman, whose other TV vehicles include Accidentally on Purpose and Dharma & Greg, is repped by WME, Brillstein and O’Melveny & Myers.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws