Jennie Garth Talks Divorce, Finding Strength on 'Ellen' (Video)
The "90210" actress said "being open and honest" about her life might help women in similar situations.
Jennie Garth is not one to shy away from an uncomfortable subject. In an interview airing Friday on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the actress acknowledged her recent divorce was not something she was “dying to talk about,” but said she would, because speaking out might do some good.
“I think by being open and honest with what I’m going through maybe it helps somebody else,” Garth said. “I know, I’ve heard from a lot of people that it helps them, maybe with what they’re going through. I’m not afraid to talk about it."
Garth and Twilight actor Peter Facinelli announced their divorce last month. The couple married in 2001 after meeting in 1996 on the set of An Unfinished Affair, an ABC Television movie. They have three daughters together.
Ellen DeGeneres praised Garth for sharing.
“Obviously, it happens a lot of and a lot people can relate to you,” DeGeneres said. “You’re moving on and you have kids that you have to be there for."
Garth said she and Facinelli were committed to their daughters, even if they were no longer a couple, and that the divorce had made her find strength she didn't know she had.
Watch the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR