Jennifer Garner Reteams With 'Butter' Writer for Fox Strip Club Drama
Jason Micallef will pen the Warner Bros. Television drama about a single soccer mom who inherits a male strip club.
Fox is getting into the strip club business.
The network has given a hefty put pilot commitment to The Whole Shebang, a drama from Jennifer Garner and penned by Butter screenwriter Jason Micallef, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Shebang revolves around a newly single soccer mom who inherits a run-down male strip club and unexpectedly finds herself at the center of a dysfunctional, makeshift family that helps her take charge of her life.
Garner will executive produce the drama via her Vandalia Films banner for Warner Bros. Television, where in June she inked a two-year overall development pact. Shebang reunites Butter screenwriter Micallef with Garner, who starred in the 2011 film. Garner is not expected to have an onscreen role in the drama should the project move forward.
For Garner, Shebang marks her latest foray into television. Last development season, she had a comedy with Ellen Rapoport set up at NBC. Repped by WME and Management 360, she next will be seen in Dallas Buyers Club.
Micallef is repped by WME, Underground and Stone Meyer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR