The Furry Embarrassment That Drove Jennifer Lawrence Away From Church (Video)
The Oscar-nominated "Silver Linings Playbook" star discussed one of her earliest roles with Conan O'Brien. It wasn't a good one.
One of the few problems with becoming an Oscar-nominated superstar at just 22 years of age is that you don't have a long back catalog of work to discuss as you make the obligatory late night TV appearances to bolster your awards profile. It's especially troubling if your earliest roles include dressing up like a princess for MTV and donning a furry lion costume for a cable sitcom.
All the evidence of Jennifer Lawrence's rapid ascent to stardom is easily available in TV archives and on YouTube, something she is learning the hard way as she campaigns for best actress for her role in Silver Linings Playbook. At the SAG Awards, she referenced a commercial she did for My Super Sweet Sixteen, which was then instantaneously dug up and passed around by bloggers.
Tuesday night on Conan, Lawrence discussed another one of her earliest roles, which came on the cable sitcom Monk. It was a small role, but that wasn't even the most embarrassing part. Of course, she has no problem with embarrassment -- just see some of the things she said on TV last week.
Let Lawrence explain -- and cringe -- herself:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack