Jennifer Lopez Developing Drama Project for ABC Family
The hourlong project centers on a lesbian couple who bring a teenager into their home.
ABC Family is looking to get into business with Jennifer Lopez.
Under Nuyorican Productions, the American Idol judge is developing an untitled hourlong drama project for the younger-female-skewing cable network centered on a lesbian couple, who already has several children, bringing a teenager into their home, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Lopez will serve as an executive producer on the project along with Simon Fields, Greg Gugliotta (Beautiful Girl), as well as co-creators/writers Peter Paige and Brad Bredeweg (Fly Girls).
Lopez has executive produced her share of television, with the likes of Univision's Q'Viva: The Chosen and MTV's Dancelife on her resume. She will also serve as an EP on the eight-episode aspirational series Amigas Inc., launching this fall on cable net Tres.
If the project is greenlighted to series, it would join ABC Family dramas targeted at millennials including Pretty Little Liars, Amy Sherman-Palladino's Bunheads, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Jane by Design and Switched at Birth.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game