Jennifer Lopez on Beyonce Lip-Syncing: 'Sometimes It Happens' (Video)
The "Parker" multi-hyphenate insists, "they do pre-record things because you're gonna have that terrible slapback."
Jennifer Lopez is defending Beyonce amid the first major lip-syncing controversy of 2013.
"Sometimes it happens," observed J-Lo on Tuesday's Daily Show. "When you're in certain stadiums and in certain venues and stuff, they do pre-record things because you're gonna have that terrible slapback."
"Sure, the slapback," replied Jon Stewart, drawing laughs from the studio audience.
Unfazed at being the butt of a joke, Lopez then brought up the fact that Whitney Houston once lip-synced the National Anthem, saying: "All performers do have to do it at some point."
The multi-tasking singer-actress-former American Idol judge (who stars opposite Jason Statham in the action flick Parker, out Friday) also received snark-free praise from Stewart, a tough critic, for her warm and direct approach on Idol in contrast to ex-colleague Steven Tyler and his nonsensical musings.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)