Jennifer Lopez on Beyonce Lip-Syncing: 'Sometimes It Happens' (Video)
The "Parker" multi-hyphenate insists, "they do pre-record things because you're gonna have that terrible slapback."
Jennifer Lopez is defending Beyonce amid the first major lip-syncing controversy of 2013.
"Sometimes it happens," observed J-Lo on Tuesday's Daily Show. "When you're in certain stadiums and in certain venues and stuff, they do pre-record things because you're gonna have that terrible slapback."
"Sure, the slapback," replied Jon Stewart, drawing laughs from the studio audience.
Unfazed at being the butt of a joke, Lopez then brought up the fact that Whitney Houston once lip-synced the National Anthem, saying: "All performers do have to do it at some point."
The multi-tasking singer-actress-former American Idol judge (who stars opposite Jason Statham in the action flick Parker, out Friday) also received snark-free praise from Stewart, a tough critic, for her warm and direct approach on Idol in contrast to ex-colleague Steven Tyler and his nonsensical musings.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR