Jenny McCarthy: 'I'm Scared of Oprah' (Video)
UPDATED: The new "View" co-host says a business deal gone bad would make her reluctant to interview the OWN mogul.
What scares Jenny McCarthy? The prospect of interviewing Oprah Winfrey.
The View's newest co-host told Watch What Happens Live host Andy Cohen that the OWN mogul is the celebrity she'd be most afraid of interviewing, given their past interactions.
Specifically, McCarthy says her fear is due to her backing out of the production deal she signed with Winfrey's Harpo Studios to create a syndicated talk show.
"I did a deal with her for five years, and we shook hands, so I'd be scared she'd beat me up," McCarthy said.
When asked why it didn't work out, McCarthy said that she left.
In 2011, when The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that McCarthy ended her deal with Harpo, a Harpo rep said, "Harpo Studios was working with Jenny McCarthy to develop a potential syndicated series. The parties mutually agreed several months ago not to move forward with the project."
She later joked that she's probably fourth on Winfrey's "shit list" and that if she had to interview the OWN head, "I would be like, 'Oh, oh, oh, no, Oprah.' "
Winfrey later tweeted that she doesn't have such a list, but if she did, McCarthy would not be on it.
— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) October 30, 2013
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR