Jenny McCarthy Makes 'View' Debut
The former Playboy Playmate gets an enthusiastic welcome and is joined by boyfriend Donnie Wahlberg during her first episode as co-host of the ABC daytime talk show.
It was all about Jenny McCarthy on Monday's episode of The View.
The former Playboy Playmate made her debut as the newest co-host of the ABC daytime talk show, getting an enthusiastic welcome from the audience and her co-hosts, who grilled her on her new relationship with Donnie Wahlberg, the show's first guest.
Wearing a blue-and-black houndstooth-print dress and a pair of black-rimmed glasses, McCarthy was greeted by chants of "Jenny, Jenny" from the audience. After she was introduced, balloons fell from the ceiling and fireworks lit up the screens behind her.
In her first remarks after being introduced, McCarthy thanked the show and her fans for her new gig.
"I'm so grateful to be here. I'm grateful to have a job; I'm a single mother," she said. "This is the greatest show in the world. Thanks to the fans who supported me to get here. I hope I do you justice."
Although McCarthy may have said less than her co-hosts during Monday's episode, she had a few memorable quips and moments, including saying of Wahlberg, one of the celebrities behind the Wahlburgers restaurant chain, "his buns are delicious."
McCarthy also quipped when asked about her summer vacation, "I auditioned to be the new Batman and didn't get it."
She even tried to demonstrate twerking alongside co-host Sherri Shepherd but noted that she couldn't really dance in her dress. However, she did pull out a foam finger, which she said she knew how to properly use.
The show's newest addition sat to the right of Whoopi Goldberg, in Joy Behar's vacated spot, to the left of Shepherd and Barbara Walters.
When Wahlberg joined the show, Shepherd, who was wearing an "I [heart] Donnie" T-shirt, and the other co-hosts grilled the new couple on their relationship. After learning that McCarthy and Wahlberg really were an item, Shepherd revealed that the back of her shirt said, "But Jenny's Okay Too."
McCarthy and Wahlberg also played a game to see how well the couple, dating for roughly two months, knew each other. Spoiler alert: They got all of the answers right.
McCarthy also talked about her son, Evan, and the show even aired a video message from him and a group of kids.
There was also a bit in which Shepherd tried to take McCarthy on a tour of New York only to find that everyone she introduces her new co-host to (Donald Trump, Matthew Broderick, Questlove) already knows her.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)