'Jeopardy!' Teen Tournament Contestant Wins $75K With Hilarious Final Answer (Video)
Leonard Cooper, a 17-year-old from Little Rock, gives what might be the best final answer in the show's history.
Leonard Cooper won Jeopardy!'s teen tournament on Tuesday's episode with what might be the best final answer in the game show's history.
The 17-year-old high school senior from Little Rock was way behind at one point, with only $3,000 compared to $19,000 and $17,600 for his fellow competitors. He struggled to find the word for "collarbone" during one question.
He later risked $18,000 during the Daily Double, with only one minute left in the second round.
In the final round, the category was "Military Men." The answer: "On June 6, 1944, he said, 'The eyes of the world are upon you.'" The question? "Who is Dwight D. Eisenhower?"
Cooper, with $37,000 and leading the other two players, didn't know the correct answer but gave a hilarious response: "Who is some guy in Normandy. But I just won $75,000!" (The amount referred to his total winnings.)
Watch the clip below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR