Jeremy Sisto Goes From Dark Drama to Dark Comedy
"Jeremy is actually very funny in real life," says his 'Suburgatory' co-star Cheryl Hines.
BEVERLY HILLS -- Segueing from the bleak drama of Law & Order to ABC's single camera comedy Suburgatory is not as much as a stretch as one might think, says Jeremy Sisto.
But a multi-camera, set-up, joke, set-up, joke sitcom, that would be a different story.
“I have never done a multi cam,” explained Sisto during the show’s panel at the Television Critics Association press tour Monday morning. “But I imagine that’s a completely different experience. And I feel like I would have a harder time with that. It feels like a set-up joke type [show] doesn’t really work with who I am. So I think I would have more difficulty with that. I feel very lucky that I’ve been able to go from a crime procedural to a comedy.”
Sisto plays a divorced father who decides to move his precious daughter out of New York City and into the suburbs, much to her chagrin.
Cheryl Hines co-stars as a cougar/Stepford mom from the neighborhood.
“Jeremy is actually very funny in real life,” said Hines.
Of course, Hines is coming off of completely different kind of TV comedy: Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm.
“It’s a completely different experience,” she explained. “Curb Your Enthusiasm is meant to feel almost like a documentary. Everything’s low key. We didn’t even have a hairstylist for the first four seasons on the show. So it was really an exploration of Larry’s neurosis. [Suburgatory] is just a completely different world; it’s a tight reality. The dialogue is very clever and smart and it’s been clearly written So it’s a completely different experience.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws