'Jericho' Producer on Revival Talks: 'We'd Be Ecstatic'
In a recent interview with THR, Karim Zreik credited the drama's vocal fanbase for keeping it alive and said "from what I hear, sides are talking."
Will Jericho live to see another day?
Reports have surfaced that the hourlong drama that starred Skeet Ulrich and ran on CBS from 2006-08 might be revisited on Netflix.
When The Hollywood Reporter recently asked Common Law executive producer Karim Zreik -- who worked on Jericho as a co-EP when it was on the air -- about the prospects, he was all for it.
"We'd be ecstatic if that happened," he says. "From what I hear, sides are talking. I wish I knew more. As you know, the fan base of that show were incredible, and they've all started reaching out since this report came out. It's exciting, and I know the cast is excited too."
Jericho, which centered on the residents of a fictional Kansas town in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on 23 major cities in the contiguous United States, has had a unique run. After initially getting the ax after one season, CBS brought back the cult favorite for a second round before canceling it for good.
Zreik wasn't worried about going back into the Jericho world and creating more stories to tell.
"Story-wise, [Jericho] has been living on in the comic book world," he says. "It's all the writers from the series, led by Dan Shotz. We've done three issues already. Story-wise, we've got ample story to tell, that's not a concern. I think we're just waiting to see if a deal can be brokered."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)