Dennis Rodman Gets Choked Up Remembering Jerry Buss (Video)
The former NBA pro becomes emotional on "The Tonight Show" when asked about the Lakers owner, who died Monday.
Former NBA pro Dennis Rodman became visibly upset while talking about Jerry Buss, the Lakers owner who died Monday, on The Tonight Show.
"He's just like my dad, and he just -- damn, man, it's like wow…." he began on Monday's show, before becoming so upset he couldn't speak.
Earlier in the day, Rodman sent a tweet that echoed that sentiment: "My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to Lakers fam."
Rodman played for the Lakers during the 1998-99 season. Buss, who died at age 80 in Los Angeles after battling cancer, purchased the Lakers in 1979.
Rodman next appears in NBC's All-Star Celebrity Apprentice, which premieres March 3.
The Tonight Show airs at 11:35 weeknights on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR