Dennis Rodman Gets Choked Up Remembering Jerry Buss (Video)
The former NBA pro becomes emotional on "The Tonight Show" when asked about the Lakers owner, who died Monday.
Former NBA pro Dennis Rodman became visibly upset while talking about Jerry Buss, the Lakers owner who died Monday, on The Tonight Show.
"He's just like my dad, and he just -- damn, man, it's like wow…." he began on Monday's show, before becoming so upset he couldn't speak.
Earlier in the day, Rodman sent a tweet that echoed that sentiment: "My thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss was like a Dad to me and is a tremendous loss to Lakers fam."
Rodman played for the Lakers during the 1998-99 season. Buss, who died at age 80 in Los Angeles after battling cancer, purchased the Lakers in 1979.
Rodman next appears in NBC's All-Star Celebrity Apprentice, which premieres March 3.
The Tonight Show airs at 11:35 weeknights on NBC.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)