'Jersey Shore' to Air Before MTV Video Music Awards
Selena Gomez serves as celebrity host for the VMAs pre-show this Sunday.
MTV is making sure this year's Video Music Awards will perform in the ratings.
The network is scheduling its biggest hit, Jersey Shore, this Sunday at 7 p.m. as lead-in for its annual music awards show. Following Jersey Shore, MTV will air a live pre-show at 8 p.m. with the VMAs beginning 9-11 p.m. Last year's VMAs, hosted by Chelsea Handler, drew 11.4 million viewers, up 27 percent from 2009.
(The first of the two-part Teen Wolf premiere followed the MTV Movie Awards earlier this year, drawing 2.2 million viewers -- about half of the awards' audience of 4.5 million -- and a 2.1 rating in the 12-34 category.)
Sunday's telecast, titled "And the Wall Won," follows pivotal moments with the cast members as things come to a head between Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Ronnie Ortiz-Magro that threatens the balance in the house, with the story about Sorrentino's hospitalization during filming explained.
This Sunday's Jersey Shore will re-air in its normal Thursday time slot on Sept. 1 at 10 p.m. before the return of the aftershow, Jersey Shore After Hours, hosted by Amy Paffrath at 11 p.m.
Selena Gomez will start off the VMAs pre-show as celebrity host, interviewing musicians and stars as they walk the red carpet. Cobra Starship will perform "You Make Me Feel" during the pre-show as well.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game