'Jersey Shore' Cast Negotiating for Even Higher Salaries? (Exclusive)
News that the Jersey Shore cast is negotiating for higher salaries breaks before every season. That’s just how it is. So, we weren’t surprised to see TMZ report that the crew is hitting up MTV for another bump in their salary for their post-Italy Season 5 return to Seaside Heights.
Yet, The Hollywood Reporter’s sources close to the cast tell us that they haven’t heard anything about negotiations for a higher salary.
“We're ready to go for Season 5,” Ronnie Magro’s manager, Matt Cohen, tells us exclusively. “And we’re happy with the contracts we have.”
Cohen confirmed that the crew is currently being paid six figures per episode, but he wouldn’t tell us an exact amount. Reports have the number at $100,000.
Another source close to the cast told us that she hadn’t heard of any further negotiations either and feels there isn’t much higher their salaries can get at this point.
We reached out to MTV for comment on the reports and a network rep tells us that “we don’t comment on talent contracts.”
The cast will be shooting Season 4 in Italy and then Season 5 in Seaside Heights continuously through August 3. Season 4 premieres August 4.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR