'Jersey Shore' Ratings Dip But Still Beat Republican Debate
The Thursday night MTV series pulled in 7.4 mil viewers in its second episode of Season 4.
Following Jersey Shore’s record breaking season four premiere, the MTV series couldn’t hold on to all 8.8 million viewers from last week.
Airing its second episode on Thursday, Aug. 11, Jersey Shore pulled in 7.4 mil viewers. The program still remained the evening’s most watched cable broadcast, even besting the GOP debate with 5.053 mil total viewers on Fox News Channel.
Jersey Shore was also the night’s number one show among the 12-34 demographic.
Within that demo, Shore now holds the top 15 non-sports slots among cable telecasts this year. It was also named one of the top cable shows watched by men in The Hollywood Reporter’s “What Men Watch,” featured in this week’s magazine.
Jersey Shore’s most watched episode still remains a Jan. 20, 2011 telecast in which Snooki was released from jail and Deena met a Ronnie look-a-like, averaging 8.9 mil viewers.
The Aug. 11 episode of Jersey Shore sparked a Twitter frenzy, after Vinny and Pauly D repeatedly joked, “she’s too young for you, bro!” in response to the young girls that frequent the Italian club scene.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting