'Jersey Shore' Series Closer Is Least-Watched Finale for Franchise
The final episode of the MTV series drew just 3.1 million viewers Thursday.
If MTV was hoping for a resurgence in the ratings for Jersey Shore's series finale Thursday night, it didn't get it.
With the final episode of season six airing days before Christmas, Jersey Shore rose to 3.1 million total viewers, up from a handful of previous episodes, but still becoming the least-watched finale for the franchise.
The series finale audience dropped nearly 2 million from the season premiere, which averaged 4.7 million viewers in October.
Among the persons 12-34 demo, the final airing of Jersey Shore drew a 2.8 rating.
At the height of its popularity, Jersey Shore -- which launched in 2009 -- averaged nearly 9 million viewers.
The cable network has kept in business with several members of the cast, with season two of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley's series premiering next month and The Pauly D Project, which aired earlier this year.
MTV is looking to fill the Jersey Shore void with another controversial series, Buckwild, which will take over the show's Thursday time slot in January.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10