'Jersey Shore': Sunday Special Delivers for MTV
The network's first-look at scripted comedy "I Just Want My Pants Back" also performs well, delivering 5.1 million total viewers.
Sunday’s special pre-VMAs episode of Jersey Shore proved to be a smart move for MTV.
The episode, which aired ahead of the Video Music Awards preshow, drew more than 8 million total viewers, which was good for a 40 percent uptick compared with the episode that aired ahead of the awards show last year, according to Nielsen.
Sunday’s episode also was up 36 percent year-over-year in MTV’s targeted 12-34 demographic, drawing a 7.5 rating and 5.9 million viewers.
The first look at the cabler’s scripted comedy I Just Want My Pants Back, which aired immediately after Sunday’s VMAs, did well, drawing 5.1 million total viewers and a 4.9 rating in the 12-34 demo.
The series, from Doug Liman and based on the book by David J. Rosen, follows a group of friends as they navigate their post-college years and will officially debut in January.
An encore of Sunday’s episode of Jersey Shore will in its regular night and time on Thursday, with Jersey Shore: After Hours, hosted by Amy Paffrath, following at 11 p.m. as the cast united to discuss its controversial fourth season.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR