'Jersey Shore': Sunday Special Delivers for MTV
The network's first-look at scripted comedy "I Just Want My Pants Back" also performs well, delivering 5.1 million total viewers.
Sunday’s special pre-VMAs episode of Jersey Shore proved to be a smart move for MTV.
The episode, which aired ahead of the Video Music Awards preshow, drew more than 8 million total viewers, which was good for a 40 percent uptick compared with the episode that aired ahead of the awards show last year, according to Nielsen.
Sunday’s episode also was up 36 percent year-over-year in MTV’s targeted 12-34 demographic, drawing a 7.5 rating and 5.9 million viewers.
The first look at the cabler’s scripted comedy I Just Want My Pants Back, which aired immediately after Sunday’s VMAs, did well, drawing 5.1 million total viewers and a 4.9 rating in the 12-34 demo.
The series, from Doug Liman and based on the book by David J. Rosen, follows a group of friends as they navigate their post-college years and will officially debut in January.
An encore of Sunday’s episode of Jersey Shore will in its regular night and time on Thursday, with Jersey Shore: After Hours, hosted by Amy Paffrath, following at 11 p.m. as the cast united to discuss its controversial fourth season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed