'Jersey Shore's' Snooki Sizes Up the Economic Market: '2012 Is Coming'
Is the MTV star saying the current economic instability is a sign of the apocalypse?
Jersey Shore’s Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi didn’t study economics in college, but the former veterinary tech major seems to have an unique grasp on the recent instability in the stock market.
“The economy is really scary, because 2012 is coming,” Snooki tells The Wall Street Journal. “I feel like the first thing that’s going to happen… is a blackout and then everyone freaks out and the world goes crazy. So hopefully, Obama will take care [of the economy] before 2012.”
Is it just us or is the MTV star saying the market is one of the first signs of Armageddon? That’s one way of looking at it, we guess. The thing is, we’re not so sure that if the end of the world does arrive in 2012 that we’ll care much about our stock portfolios – what with God’s angels smiting us.
Nevertheless, Snooki seems to believe we’ll survive the craziness as she describes her own future plans for the six-figure salary she currently makes for the MTV show.
“I haven’t really spent on anything major,” she says. “I bought me and my mom a car, but that’s about it. I haven’t really spent on anything yet. I’m saving up it up for when this is all over, with Jersey Shore and the spin-off, I have enough money to just take care of my family.”
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR