Jim Rome Gets Second Season on Showtime
"Jim Rome on Showtime" will be back in 2013 as a monthly entry while "60 Minutes Sports" joins the lineup Jan. 9.
Jim Rome's Showtime program will get a second season on the premium network. Rome broke the news himself Friday via Twitter.
Jim Rome on Showtime has been airing Wednesdays at 10 p.m. Beginning on Jan. 9, that slot will go to the new monthly sports-themed news program from CBS News; 60 Minutes Sports.
Rome noted in his tweet that his show will return "in 2013 as a monthly." Currently new episodes of the show - which has featured the outspoken sports analyst mixing it up with everyone from Regin Philbin to Mike Tyson to Lil Wayne, a football fan who in 2010 did time on a weapons charge - air weekly.
60 Minutes Sports has been conceived as a monthly entry in part because the news division's production staff does not have the man power to do two weekly versions of 60 Minutes including the flagship and top-rated Sunday night news program that airs on CBS.
The premiere episode of 60 Minutes Sports features an intervew with FC Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi; an update of Lara Logan's 60 Minutes feature on free solo climber Alex Honnold and an examinaiton of the case against Lance Armstrong, who is being sued by sponsors and has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR