Jimmy Fallon Awards Judd Apatow His Own 'Academy Award' in Praise-Fest (Video)
With the director as his guest, the "Late Night" host raved about "This Is 40" with an enthusiasm that surprised even Apatow.
Jimmy Fallon really, really enjoyed This Is 40.
It's not uncommon for a talk show host to praise his guest's work regardless of its critical reception, but Fallon went full-on comedy nerd on Judd Apatow, who was by his side to promote the family dramedy. As he ran raves and a list of the film's stars, Apatow teased, "So you're saying you loved the movie?" And Fallon, taking the hyperbole one step further, said that he thought it deserved an Oscar nomination.
Things escalated, and viewers were soon treated to an Academy Award-like celebration.
Further along, Fallon continued to lavish praise, recalling funny scenes and moments from the script, in a way that was reminiscent of the old "Chris Farley Show" on Saturday Night Live.
Remember this interview if Fallon ends up in Apatow's next film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)