Jimmy Fallon Books Cameo in NBC's John Mulaney Pilot
The comedy hails from "Late Night" executive producer Lorne Michaels.
John Mulaney is welcoming a familiar face to his NBC pilot.
The former Saturday Night Live writer has enlisted SNL alum and Late Night host Jimmy Fallon for his upcoming semiautobiographical comedy pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The multicamera comedy is loosely based on Mulaney's life and also co-stars Saturday Night Live vets Nasim Pedrad and Martin Short, as well as six-time host Elliott Gould.
Fallon will play himself in the pilot, which Mulaney wrote and will executive produce for Universal Television, Lorne Michaels' Broadway Video and 3 Arts. EPs also include Michaels, Andrew Singer, Dave Becky and David Miner.
The cameo comes mere weeks after Fallon was officially named host of NBC's The Tonight Show, which will move to New York with Michaels on board. It also continues the current Late Night host's relationship with Universal Television, the studio behind the Fallon-produced freshman comedy Guys With Kids.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Robert Wagner -- Movies, Hollywood Style, Barbara Stanwyck and Titanic
- Robin And Barney's Wedding Gives Us All The Warm Fuzzies In New 'How I Met Your Mother' Photos
- Ascending to Hell: No Exit at the Pearl Theatre/ Satchmo at the Waldorf at the Westside Theater
- Sean Lowe Slams 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo On Twitter