Jimmy Fallon Impersonates Russell Brand Reading Star Magazine (Video)
But the "Late Night" host soon gets interrupted by the real thing.
Jimmy Fallon, a master impressionist known for breaking character to dissolve into giggles, managed to make it nearly all the way through a Late Night sketch wherein he portrayed Russell Brand giving a comic reading of Star magazine.
Mocking a photo of Zero Dark Thirty's Jessica Chastain that had the caption "Zero Dark Pretty," Fallon-as-Brand thought he could do it better.
"Come on! You think they'd at least go with 'Zero Dark Flirty' -- it rhymes with thirty!" he said, pointing at the image: "Here we have Jessica Chastain looking 'Zero Dark Flirty' carrying an Osama bin Latte recently purchased from a local Starbucks-istan."
Suddenly, the real Brand interrupted the bit, declaring: "This is a hate crime!"
Cue Fallon's laughter, below:
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR