Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert Sing Goodbye to Their Friendship on 'Late Night' (Video)
The NBC and Comedy Central hosts have reached the end of their "sixth month friendship."
Saying goodbye is never easy, but Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert are going to make it as hard as possible.
The hosts embarked on a whirlwind six-month friendship, which has sadly now reached its end. On Friday on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, the host was visibly upset at his lost friendship.
“Six months ago I made a best friend. His name is Stephen Colbert,” said Fallon in his opening.
“Time flies when you’re best friends with Stephen Colbert,” he said.
Fallon then shows a clip of his visit to Colbert’s Comedy Central show the night before, when the duo officially ended their friendship. It did not end smoothly. There’s even a cameo by Anderson Cooper, who offers himself up as a substitute friend.
Back on Friday’s show on Late Night, Fallon is so upset that he tells the producers to go to commercial. He then breaks into song, belting “Somewhere Out There.” But he’s not alone. His former BFF joins in, and they perform a surprisingly entertaining version of the song, including flashbacks and plenty of emotional lighting.
But there’s no happy ending for the late night hosts, as they part ways once again.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR