Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
“Game of Desks” has it all: political intrigue, swordplay and a familiar face in drag.
Who knew 30 Rock had so much in common with Casterly Rock?
Jimmy Fallon has unveiled a new Digital Original, Game of Desks, in which the Late Night host explores just how much the cuthroat world of late night TV has in common with HBO's Game of Thrones.
In the short, Fallon plays an Eddard Stark sort of character, and is forced to discipline a member of the writers Late Night’s Watch for writing hacky jokes and defend his Iron Desk from a Joffrey-esque usurper. We don’t want to spoil too much, so we'll just say Late Night has a rather interesting take on Daenerys and Drago. Watch until the end for a pair of special guests.
As recent months have demonstrated, real life does feature plenty of backroom politics when it comes to the late night game. Fallon was officially named the successor of Jay Leno as Tonight Show host after a month of media speculation, and Seth Meyers will take over Late Night in February 2014.
Watch the video below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)