Jimmy Fallon's 1998 'SNL' Audition Surfaces Online (Video)
The performance featured impressions of Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock -- but only his spot-on Adam Sandler got Lorne Michaels to laugh.
Jimmy Fallon is taking over as host of NBC's The Tonight Show. With his first show set to air Monday night, The Hollywood Reporter takes a look back at video of his Saturday Night Live audition, which first surfaced in 2012.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to win a spot on Saturday Night Live? Consider this newly surfaced video of Jimmy Fallon auditioning for the legendary sketch comedy show in 1998 a master class on the subject.
Cramming more than 20 characters into eight minutes that would change his life forever, Fallon cycled through every celebrity impression in his repertoire -- everyone from from Jerry Seinfeld to Chris Rock to Robert Smith of The Cure.
But as Fallon recalled in a 2010 Sirius XM interview, it was his impression of Adam Sandler that finally cracked Lorne Michaels' stony veneer. "It was like a Wonder Years moment," Fallon said, of seeing the SNL creator laughing at his material.
Watch the videos below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)