Jimmy Fallon's Beatles Play With Social Media on 'Tonight Show' (Video)
"Late Night" bandleader Fred Armisen joins in on the fun.
Jimmy Fallon asked the age-old question: What if the Beatles used social media? On Monday's Tonight Show, that question was answered, and Fallon recruited Fred Armisen, Seth Meyers' new Late Night bandleader, to help out.
In what Fallon said was "never-before-seen footage" of the Fab Four's iconic first television appearance on Feb. 9, 1964, on The Ed Sullivan Show following their performance of "I Want to Hold Your Hand," Fallon (as John Lennon) and Armisen (as Ringo Starr) -- complete with bowl cuts -- showed just why the Beatles "were ahead of their time."
"We're the Beatles! Don't forget to like us on Facebook! And you can follow us on Twitter at @TheBeatlesUK!" said Fallon, with a faux British accent. But don't forget about the group's presence on Instagram, The_Beatles1, "for some Throwback Thursdays!" And if you're a Vine user, the Beatles have something for you too. Plus, who knew the Beatles live-tweeted anything?
The Beatles truly were ahead of their time.
Watch the sketch below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'