'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Grows in Second 11:35 Outing, Falls Shy of Letterman in Viewers
UPDATED: The ABC host grows his demo to tie Jay Leno on Wednesday night, but loses steam in total viewers.
It will likely be some time before there's any consistency in late-night rankings, now that Jimmy Kimmel Live! has entered the fray at 11:35 p.m., but on his second night in the competitive slot, the ABC host grew his demo audience while losing some steam in total viewers.
Fast National returns give Jimmy Kimmel's Wednesday broadcast a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49. That's up two-tenths of a point in the key demo, tying a steady episode of The Tonight Show.
Jay Leno's NBC broadcast topped Kimmel in total viewers, though, pulling in 3.55 million over the 2.86 million for Live!. And Kimmel was the only host to lose Monday's audience, falling from 3.1 million.
The Late Show With David Letterman, in a less distant third place in the demo (0.8 adults), managed to top Kimmel in total viewers as well. The CBS show rose from 2.88 million to 3.04 million on Wednesday night.
Like Kimmel, Nightline did not grow total viewers in its second night -- but it did make gains in both the newsy adults 25-54 (13 percent) and late-night-friendly adults 18-49 (18 percent) demos. And with 1.61 million viewers, it topped competition on both CBS and NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR