Joan Rivers Dings Adele's Weight in 'Letterman' Interview (Video)
The famously cruel comedian snarked about the "Skyfall" singer after the Oscars, firing off a few shots about her body.
Joan Rivers, queen of the roast, ripped several jokes about newly minted Oscar winner Adele on Tuesday night.
Appearing on Late Show With David Letterman, Rivers offered a recap of Sunday's Academy Awards show and focused much of the short segment on the "Skyfall" singer's weight.
"I met Adele," she said, puffing up her face and extending her arms outward, like a bloated whale or full-blown blimp. The crowd was none too pleased, but Rivers, ever unbowed, shushed them. "She's thin!" Rivers said, before adding, "What's her song? 'Rolling in the Deep'? She should add fried chicken."
David Letterman simply watched with a muted grin, having seen this type of material for years. Rivers, for her part, made sure to get in one more blow.
"She sang live and said, 'My throat, my throat, I don't know if I can swallow.' And I said, 'Oh, you can swallow,'" she added.
Rivers, of course, has made a career out of taunting celebrities -- including Adele. In October, upon the birth of Adele's baby, Rivers tweeted, "Congratulations to Adele on the birth of her 68 pound 8 ounces bouncing baby boy," and in June, she likened Christina Aguilera to a cow.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game