John Stamos to Star in NBC 'House'-Like Drama 'I Am Victor'
He'll play the divorce attorney in the adaptation of Jo Nesbo's upcoming book.
John Stamos is heading to NBC hopefully full time.
The actor, who's currently recurring on The New Normal, is near a deal to star in the leading role in the network's drama pilot I Am Victor, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on author Jo Nesbo's upcoming book, the drama is described as House revolving around a high-powered divorce attorney named Victor Port with a unique view of relationships.
Stamos will play Victor Port, the most sought-after divorce attorney in L.A. who's charming, brazen and direct and unapologetically says what most people think but dare not say.
The West Wing and Studio 60's Mark Goffman will pen the script and executive produce the Universal Television pilot alongside House's Katie Jacobs, Daniel Rappaport, Meghan Lyvers, Nesbo and Nicolas Salomonsson.
The casting brings the WME and Brillstein Entertainment-repped Broadway actor back to the network where he starred on ER. Stamos' credits also include Glee and Jake in Progress.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR