John Stamos to Star in NBC 'House'-Like Drama 'I Am Victor'
He'll play the divorce attorney in the adaptation of Jo Nesbo's upcoming book.
John Stamos is heading to NBC hopefully full time.
The actor, who's currently recurring on The New Normal, is near a deal to star in the leading role in the network's drama pilot I Am Victor, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on author Jo Nesbo's upcoming book, the drama is described as House revolving around a high-powered divorce attorney named Victor Port with a unique view of relationships.
Stamos will play Victor Port, the most sought-after divorce attorney in L.A. who's charming, brazen and direct and unapologetically says what most people think but dare not say.
The West Wing and Studio 60's Mark Goffman will pen the script and executive produce the Universal Television pilot alongside House's Katie Jacobs, Daniel Rappaport, Meghan Lyvers, Nesbo and Nicolas Salomonsson.
The casting brings the WME and Brillstein Entertainment-repped Broadway actor back to the network where he starred on ER. Stamos' credits also include Glee and Jake in Progress.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game