Jon Hamm Talks Throat Problems, Losers Party, End of 'Mad Men' on 'Kimmel' (Video)
The actor says the polyp on his vocal cord sounds worse than it is, but it's not as bad as the fatal diagnosis he received from "The National Enquirer."
Jon Hamm may have a polyp on his vocal cord, but he's not coughing up blood, he assured viewers on Wednesday's Jimmy Kimmel Live.
The Mad Men star said a recent report in The National Enquirer claimed he was coughing up blood and probably has cancer. Hamm, who noted that the procedure he's having to remove the polyp is "very routine," shot down the report, but admitted that it did create some concern in his family.
He explained: "My sister called me and was like, 'Something you want to tell us?' I was like, 'No, why?' 'Well, we just read that you're probably going to die.' I was like, 'Wait, when? Who have you been talking to?' "
Later, Hamm again poked fun at the report while he was talking about being fine with not knowing exactly how Mad Men will end.
"We don't know how our lives are going to end. I, apparently, will die of cancer, according to The National Enquirer -- soon," he quipped.
But Hamm said he has gotten "broad strokes" from creator Matthew Weiner on how the show -- which he starts shooting Nov. 4 -- will wrap up Don Draper's storyline. Weiner, he said, "has a very, very specific idea as to how it will end."
Hamm also discussed the losers-only party he threw with Amy Poehler after Sunday's Emmys, which Kimmel revealed he was invited to before the awards were even handed out.
"To be fair, we were also throwing this party, and we were both nominated," Hamm said. "We were very secure."
Hamm also said that at the party he danced up a storm with Jane Lynch.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram