Jon Hamm Slaps 'Tumblrs About My Cock,' Internet's Obsession With His Penis
The 'Mad Men' star tells Rolling Stone that he doesn't enjoy the web's interest in his genitals: "They're called 'privates' for a reason."
Jon Hamm is a little bit mad about his manhood.
The chiseled slab of masculinity that is the star of Mad Men is on the cover of this week's Rolling Stone, and in early excerpts released by the magazine, he expresses his dismay over the meme-ification of his member.
"Most of it's tongue-in-cheek," he says of the hubbub that has been raised online over a bulge spotted along his leg while he was clad in tight, late-'60s style pants; it was reported that Mad Men insiders found his alleged girth distracting. "But it is a little rude. It just speaks to a broader freedom that people feel like they have - a prurience."
In particular, Hamm is angered by a blog called Jon Hamm's Wang, which has been posting glimpses of his trousers for several years.
"They're called 'privates' for a reason," he says. "I'm wearing pants, for f--k's sake. Lay off. I mean, it's not like I'm a f---ing lead miner. There are harder jobs in the world. But when people feel the freedom to create Tumblr accounts about my cock, I feel like that wasn't part of the deal."
He is, however, keeping some perspective.
"But whatever. I guess it's better than being called out for the opposite."
Don Draper would be proud.
Mad Men begins its sixth season on April 7.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'