Jon Stewart Suggests Bill O'Reilly for Pope, Skewers Catholic Church (Video)
With the search to find a new pope under way, "The Daily Show" frames the secretive selection process in Rome as a dirty political campaign.
With a year to go before America launches back into the blood sport of electoral politics, the staff at The Daily Show is biding its time by looking abroad -- and above -- for a campaign to mock.
Luckily, the Catholic Church -- a constant punchline for late night comedians -- is in the midst of a search for a new pope, following the abdication of Benedict XVI. Host Jon Stewart kicked off a long segment on the matter Thursday night with a dig at his good pal Bill O'Reilly, suggesting that given any male Catholic could be theoretically be named head of the flock, the bombastic Fox News host might throw his hat in the ring -- if he was "wiling to accept a demotion."
The segment continued, with Aasif Mandvi presenting several mock dirty campaign ads from different contenders, including one that skewered a cardinal's Oscar ballot for its selection of Bradley Cooper for best actor.
Obviously, anyone who would have a direct line to God must possess the wisdom to know that Daniel Day-Lewis' performance in Lincoln was otherworldly.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)